Tagalog (Filipino) Language-Enabled Operations Analyst (TS/SCI req'd)
About IST Research
IST Research creates technology to address human security challenges. We built the Pulse Platform to address some of the most urgent human security issues faced by the world’s most vulnerable populations, specifically transnational crime and global extremism. Our Pulse Platform is used to engage with populations around the world to provide insight into their thinking and engaging them in a two-way conversation. Pulse also has the added capability of scraping open data across the surface, deep, and dark web to provide a robust view of the Information Environment in which one is operating.
IST Research is seeking a full-time Tagalog (Filipino) language-enabled Operations Analyst to support a US Government customer. This position will involve leveraging language and cultural understanding to develop effective messaging strategies across a variety of social media platforms, engaging with with individuals in those global locations, studying data from various social media platforms and other online sources, and investigating and assessing content validity for potential action. An ideal candidate should enjoy working in ambiguous and highly flexible work environments, solving complex problems dealing with current/future national security issues.
Location: Arlington, VA
- Develop and implement messaging strategies for propagating messaging content in target language information environment(s) via various social media presences; engage with individuals in target language on behalf of the program
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to align messaging strategies with program priorities
- Assess content in target language or dialect for potential intelligence value
- Analyze a wide variety of OSINT information
- Draft analytical reports and brief program stakeholders
- Native fluency in reading and writing Tagalog
- Ability to write formal, professional, grammatically and culturally appropriate content in target language without peer review
- High level of cultural familiarity with the Philippines; knowledge of other Southeast Asian languages and cultures a huge plus.
- High level of familiarity with traditional and social media in target language, including prevalent trends, key personalities, political dynamics, and current events
- Intensive academic or professional background in target region security issues and VEO groups
- OSINT/HUMINT/IC/IO experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable using databases required, and a background in data science and programming languages a plus.
- Local to NOVA or willing to relocate
- Active security clearance required
The Candidate Should Be
- Flexible; comfortable with unstructured fast-paced work, and a lot of it.
- Can prioritize – there will be more work to do that should be done than can be done.
- Wants to work in jeans but packs a suit.
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart, with an emphasis on Hungry.