Data Analyst (Security Clearance required)
About IST Research
IST Research creates technology to address human security challenges. We built the Pulse Platform to address some of the most urgent human security issues faced by the world’s most vulnerable populations, specifically transnational crime and global extremism. Our Pulse Platform is used to engage with populations around the world to provide insight into their thinking and engaging them in a two-way conversation. Pulse also has the added capability of scraping open data across the surface, deep, and dark web to provide a robust view of the Information Environment in which one is operating.
IST Research is looking for a full time Data Analyst to support a US Government Customer. The position will involve creative approaches to blending customer data and IST Research data together in order to gain insights into the information environment. An ideal candidate is not only skilled with data analysis but can also work with varying internal and external API’s to transform and augment data in order to bring relevant information to the forefront. We expect you to be experienced and comfortable with techniques that help to segment valuable text and image data from noise, including social network analysis, image analytics (integrating object recognition techniques, etc.), and foreign-language text mining. This position is very R&D focused, so an individual must be self-motivated and willing to explore technical and non-technical solutions outside of their current knowledge base in order to meet the needs of IST Research and the customer.
Location: Arlington, VA
(The official duty location is in Arlington, VA. However, as IST is looking to onboard a candidate in the near future, work will commence remotely until the COVID-19 threat subsides and people return to a regular work schedule.)
- Transform and manipulate data to gain a better understanding of the information environment
- Integrate various data sources together in order to provide additional knowledge around a given problem set
- Generating reports, assessments, and regular updates to internal and external customers regarding information flowing in
- Integrate new APIs into existing workflows to provide additional layers of information
- Develop techniques and services to analyze and process text, images, audio, and video using in-house and SAAS solutions
- Work with internal and external customers to understand data insight requirements, and turn them into polished deliverables
- Previous professional experience in data analysis, data science, and/or applied statistics
- Very comfortable with Jupyter Notebooks for manipulating data
- Comfortable with the Elastic Stack for performing analysis and search
- Experience in point-and-click workflows and visual data platforms
- Local to NOVA or willing to relocate
- Active security clearance required
The Candidate Should Be
- Flexible; comfortable with unstructured fast-paced work, and a lot of it.
- Can prioritize – there will be more work to do that should be done than can be done.
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart, with an emphasis on Hungry.