About IST Research
IST Research (IST) is a technology and services company focused on data collection in remote and challenging environments. Using the unique capabilities of our multidisciplinary team, we deliver decision support innovation to the edge—high-risk, low-stability environments where communication and data flow may be limited—to address complex global issues using the Pulse platform, IST's proprietary system.
Pulse is a large-scale social listening and engagement platform that uses multiple channels to disseminate information and establish two-way communication with target audiences globally while conducting social listening across numerous publicly available information sources.
IST research is seeking a Website Developer to join our product support team . The Website Manager will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining a mobile optimized, responsive multi-language US government website in close collaboration with a diverse multilingual, multicultural social media team. An ideal candidate will be committed to creating an attractive, engaging, and responsive website that accounts for a range of linguistic, cultural, and technological dynamics in presenting engaging content to a wide variety of audiences. An ideal candidate should enjoy working in ambiguous and highly flexible work environments, solving complex problems dealing with current/future national security issues.
The position will be located in Arlington, VA
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade website on behalf of a government customer and in close collaboration with a team of linguists, cultural SMEs, content producers, and IT technicians
- Work closely with content creators to curate and display appropriate website content to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Identify, respond to, and troubleshoot all website issues and security breaches.
- Work closely with IT security personnel to ensure the website and project security parameters are maintained
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Remain flexible to adjust to dynamic customer requirements
- Other duties as assigned/as required
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related field.
- 2 years of work experience as a Website Manager or substantively similar experience
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, embedded site analytics, and advertising trackers (e.g. “Facebook Pixel”)
- Experience working with foreign language websites, with specific preference for “right-to-left” languages
- Experience building and maintaining websites within AWS
- Experience in user interface / user experience test automation
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Active security clearance required
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Rigidly Flexible; comfortable with a dynamic, unstructured, and fast-paced mission.
- Able to prioritize – there will be more work to do that should be done than can be done.
- Enthusiastic for the team and for the mission.
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart, with an emphasis on Hungry.