HUMINT Analyst - Security Clearance Required
About IST Research
IST Research creates technology to address human security challenges. We built the Pulse Platform to address some of the most urgent human security issues faced by the world’s most vulnerable populations, specifically transnational crime and global extremism. Our Pulse Platform is used to engage with populations around the world to provide insight into their thinking and engaging them in a two-way conversation. Pulse also has the added capability of scraping open data across the surface, deep, and dark web to provide a robust view of the Information Environment in which one is operating.
IST Research is seeking a full-time HUMINT Analyst to support a government customer. This position will involve leveraging HUMINT experience, tradecraft, and best practice to advance the mission of engaging with individuals around the world who have information of intelligence value to the United States, and ensuring that this information can be of value to partners across the US government and Intelligence Community (IC).
Location: Arlington, VA
- Build out and streamline all aspects of the HUMINT management system, including the processes and best practices for gathering, managing, analyzing, and sharing large quantities of data across the IC
- Collaborate with and directly support operations analysts in the vetting, triage, and development of potential sources
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, validate, and route ad-hoc and time sensitive collection requirements across intelligence disciplines
- Track collection, and assist with monitoring and producing statistical data for CI/HUMINT requirements, reporting, and evaluations
- Assist IC partners with source validation and deconfliction
- Manage all current partner collection requirements, including understanding and planning for potential future requirements while maintaining awareness of those expiring
- Develop all-source collection strategies to address intelligence gaps, create collection postures, and assess collection efforts efficiently
- Conduct source citation analysis and perform outreach to IC partners to improve collection and represent the customer in working groups involving collection requirement management and collection support issues
- 5+ years of experience with directly supporting or conducting counterintelligence or human intelligence (CI/HUMINT) collection management
- Experience with research in an IC component leveraging CI or HUMINT tools, databases, reporting mechanisms, and resources
- Demonstrated expertise in HUMINT best practices with at least one functional or regional focus
- Experience with briefing senior military and civilian decision makers
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the various organizations of the IC
- Knowledge of counterintelligence and human intelligence missions sets
- BA or BS degree, Masters preferred
- Knowledge of a foreign language, especially Arabic or Persian, preferred
- Local to NOVA or willing to relocate.
- Active TS/SCI required
The Ideal Candidate is
- Rigidly Flexible; comfortable with a dynamic, unstructured, and fast-paced mission.
- Able to prioritize – there will be more work to do that should be done than can be done.
- Enthusiastic for the team and for the mission.
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart, with an emphasis on Hungry.