Cyber Threat Analyst (TS/SCI req'd)
About IST Research
IST Research creates technology to address human security challenges. We built the Pulse Platform to address some of the most urgent human security issues faced by the world’s most vulnerable populations, specifically transnational crime, human trafficking, and global extremism. Our Pulse Platform is used to interact with populations around the world to provide insight into their thinking and engage them in two-way conversations. Pulse also provides access to publicly available information across the surface, deep, and dark web and social media to provide a robust view of the Information Environment from baseline through assessment.
IST Research seeks a full-time Cyber Threat Analyst with experience providing support to CI/HUMINT operations in support of a US government customer. This position will involve leveraging all-source information, conducting analytic tradecraft, accessing common intelligence tools and databases, and inter-agency coordination across USG and DoD.
Location: Arlington, VA
- Provide subject matter expertise, conduct research and evaluate technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Collaborate with, and directly support analysts in the vetting, triage, and development of potentially valuable information
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, validate, manage, and route ad-hoc and time sensitive collection requirements across IC disciplines
- Provide statistical data and produce analytic products to meet customer analysis, reporting, and evaluation requirements
- Stay abreast of industry trends involving activists/hacktivists, protests, geopolitical movements, taking initiative to match these insights to client requirements.
- 5+ years of experience directly supporting or conducting Cyber threat, Cyber security, or Cyber intelligence analysis
- Research experience in an IC component leveraging common IC tools and databases, reporting mechanisms, and resources
- Adept at integrating open source research (including social media) in building intelligence products
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency, deep and dark web, block chains, and cybercriminal networks
- Can identify information of value, conduct human network analysis, and provide fused analytic products aimed at furthering the Intelligence cycle
- Knowledge of counterintelligence and human intelligence missions sets
- BA or BS degree in cybersecurity or related field, Masters preferred
- Proficiency in a foreign language strongly preferred
- Local to NOVA or willing to relocate.
- Active TS/SCI required
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Rigidly Flexible; comfortable with a dynamic, unstructured, and fast-paced mission.
- Able to prioritize – there will be more work to do that should be done than can be done.
- Enthusiastic for the team and for the mission.
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart, with an emphasis on Hungry.